All-Britain Competition (ABC)
The annual All-Britain Competition (ABC) will take place at Tír Chonaill Park, home of Tír Chonaill Gaels GAA Club, London, from Thursday 6 July to Sunday 9 July 2017.
Rules & Regulations
The following are the team sizes, pitch dimensions and playing times for each grade:
- U18: 7-a-side (Panel of 10), 90m x 50m, 2 x 10 minute halves
- U16: 11-a-side (Panel of 14), 90m x 50m, 2 x 10 minute halves
- U14: 11-a-side (Panel of 14), 90m x 50m, 2 x 10 minutes halves
- U12: 11-a-side (Panel of 14), 90m x 50m, 2 x 10 minute halves
- U10: 7-a-side (Panel of 10), 60m x 40m (3 equal zone), 3 x 5 minute thirds
- U8: 7-a-side (Panel of 10), 45m x 40m (3 equal zones), 3 x 5 minute thirds
- All Finals will be 2 x 10 minute halves
Please also note the following information:
- The above will be strictly adhered to in all Boys Football competitions, but may be open to small changes in team sizes, upon agreement, in all other competitions.
- There will be no amalgamations allowed and this policy will be strictly enforced.
- Primary Schools Football will be played on Thursday, July 6th.
- Secondary Schools Football (Boys and Girls) will be played on the morning of Friday, July 7th. There will be a Year 7/8 Tournament and a Year 9/10 Tournament.
- U8 & U10 Football will be played in line with Go Games regulations, and will be played in the afternoon of Friday, July 7th.
- Ladies Football (all ages) and U12 & U16 Boys Football will be played on Saturday 8th, and played to a conclusion.
- U14 & 18 Boys Football and all Hurling & Camogie will be played on Sunday 9th, and played to a conclusion.
- On Friday 7th, pitches will be laid out so that 4 U8 Football games can take place on a standard full-size pitch at one time. The start, breaks and finish of all 4 games will be uniform, and will be signalled by air horn.
- Any teams not ready to commence their game on time, will lose this time from their game as it’s crucial that we stick rigidly to what will be a tight schedule. The same will apply at U10 Football.
Entries, Registration & Fees
- The cost of Entry is £50 per team, up to a maximum of £300 per club.
- In the interest of promoting and developing the games of Hurling, Camogie and Ladies Football, all Entries into these competitions will be free of charge, but must still be made via the official Entry Form and within the stated deadline.
- The closing date for Entries will be Friday, June 23rd. An Entry Form will be sent to all clubs in advance of this date and must be returned, with the relevant fees, as per the details which will appear on the form. NO ENTRIES will be accepted without payment or after this date. This is will be strictly enforced.
- Registration on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday will be from 9.00 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. Registration for the U8 and U10 Football will be on Friday from 1.30 p.m. to 2.30 p.m.
- A full list of fixtures will be given to all clubs on the day of play.
Start and Finish Times
- Primary Schools Football will commence at 10:30 a.m. on Thursday.
- Secondary Schools Football will commence at 10:30 a.m. and U8 & U10 Football will commence at 3:30 p.m., both on Friday.
- Ladies Football and U12 & U16 Boys Football will commence at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday.
- Hurling, Camogie and U14 & U18 Boys Football will commence at 10:30 a.m. on Sunday.
- The finishing times on each day will be determined by the level of Entries. We will endeavour, where possible, to produce the most time efficient fixture list for clubs to allow for minimum waiting times between games. Please ensure that you plan ahead to allow for early registration.
Catering and Facilities
- Each participating team will be provided with meals for their panel (determined as starting team number + 3 substitutes) plus 2 mentors.
- Toilet facilities will be provided throughout the grounds.
- Parking will be available on site. Please advise all of your travelling party to proceed to the main entrance of Tir Chonaill Gaels GAA Grounds (at the end of Berkeley Avenue), from where they will be directed to the relevant parking areas.
- Hot & Cold Drinks plus refreshments will be available to purchase in the Clubhouse.
- There will be an Ambulance and Medical Personnel in attendance over the 4 days.
- Trophy presentations will take place immediately after each final, and immediately after the finish of play on Friday and Sunday for all U8 and U10 players.
Marketing & Advertising
The ABC organising committee will commence weekly articles in The Irish Post from May, and this will continue weekly up to the weekend of the event.
Britain GAA Facebook, Twitter and Website, are very active and will be promoting the Competition at every opportunity this year. Also, this year they have introduced a new All-Britain Competition Facebook which will be updated regularly.
As all grades will be played to a conclusion over a single day, please note that teams reaching the knockout stages may be required to play game late into the evening. Please allow for this eventuality when making your travel arrangements.
Tír Chonaill Park